Teachers from all the Bedford Public schools are invited to apply for a BEF High School Student Board grant. The grants are reviewed by the student board. Interviews with the student board are set up for each of the teachers who have applied. The students then decide which grants meet the funding criteria, namely creativity, number of students touched by grant, and sustainability. The amount of funding available depends upon the success of student fundraising for the year.
Grant money up to $500 will be awarded by the student board to each school: Davis, Lane, JGMS and BHS.
STUDENT BOARD GRANT DEADLINE: April 1st
STUDENT BOARD GRANT CRITERIA:
- Teacher-initiated. Student-initiated projects or ideas will be accepted but MUST be SUBMITTED AND SPONSORED BY a TEACHER.
- Grant may be added to other grants received.
- The grant should reflect BEF mission to be creative and innovative.
- Technology-related grants must be approved by Ms. Murray.
- The number of students touched by the grant will be a consideration.
- Chaperone travel will be considered for funding.
- Grants that support self-sustaining initiatives will be given a priority.
Email completed grant application to email@example.com by April 1st. A confirmation email will be sent to you within three days of submitting your application.
A short interview by the student board will be part of the application process.